THE IRISH SHOWS ASSOCIATION & TULLAMORE SHOW SOCIETY
THE BORD BIA ALL IRELAND QUALITY POTATO CHAMPIONSHIP
Sponsored By: Bord Bia
RULES AND CONDITIONS
1.In this competition the produce must be the property of and be grown by the Exhibitor.
2. Each exhibit is to consist of the following: A dish of 6 potatoes of any variety. The variety to be correctly named. Each tuber should be free from skin blemishes, be true to type, and weigh approximately 6 ozs. (170g).
3. Two exhibits to qualify at each show.
4. This being a quality championship, the adjudicators will favour floury, high dry matter varieties, which are popular with the Irish customer.
5. These rules should be read in conjunction with the Irish Shows Association Rules.
6. Marquee open from 7.30am on show morning and will be closed for judging at 10am sharp. Marquee will open to the public at 12 noon.
7. Exhibits cannot be removed before 5.00pm.
Criteria for judging potatoes available from the Tullamore Show. Tel: 057 93 52141
Prizes; 1st €250 & Bord Bia Perpetual Trophy & Replica. 2nd €150; 3rd €100; 4th €75;
5th €50; 6th €25.
All qualifiers will receive a special Bord Bia Plaque.
Entry Fee: To Qualifying Show €3. To Final €6.
FINAL: TULLAMORE SHOW FBD NATIONAL LIVESTOCK SHOW, Sunday 13th August, 2023
All Enquiries to:
Mary Fitzgibbon: email@example.com Ph: (087) 9271921
Theresa O'Keeffe Ph: (086) 8393579.
All Exhibits must be taken to the Showgrounds on Friday night from 5 PM
DECORATIVE EXHIBITS TO BE STAGED ON FRIDAY NIGHT
JUDGING COMMENCES AT 9.30am SHARP SATURDAY MORNING
Exhibits MAY not be removed before 5.30pm on Sunday evening
Charleville Show will not be held responsible for exhibits after 7.00pm.