THE IRISH SHOWS ASSOCIATION & BANNOW & RATHANGAN SHOW SOCIETY
The 3 Year Old Horse All Ireland Championship;
Prize Money Sponsored By Bannow & Rathangan Show Society;
PRIZES SPONSORED BY: GALWAY IRISH CRYSTAL & BELLEEK CHINA.
Part of the Horse Sport Ireland National Showing Championship series
Prize Fund €6,000
FINAL: Bannow & Rathangan Show Thursday 13th July 2023 at 1.30pm
RULES AND CONDITIONS
1. This competition is open to animals registered in a World Breeding Federation for Sport Horses (WBFSH) studbook or a Department of Agriculture Food and The Marine (DAFM) approved studbook with recorded breeding.
2. Two animals may be selected to qualify for the final if the judges and the I.S.A.
agree the standard is high enough.
3. Exhibitors to both the qualifier and the final must have the animal’s passport available for inspection prior to entry to the judging ring. Failure to comply with this rule will lead to immediate disqualification.
4. Passports & Microchips should be read by a veterinary surgeon at the final.
5. Animals qualified for final are not eligible to enter any other class at the show where the final is held.
6. The Qualifying Exhibitor must fill out their own Qualifying Card at each Qualifying Show.
These rules should be read in conjunction with the I.S.A. Rules.
For information on accommodation or free stabling for the final, contact 087-7560871 or
053-9136588 in advance.
ENTRY FEE: To Qualifying Show €10 / To Final €20
Champion €800 plus Galway Irish Crystal
2nd: €500 & Galway Irish Crystal
3rd: €350 & Belleek China
4th: €250 & Belleek China
5th: €200 & Galway Irish Crystal
6th: €150 & Belleek China
7th to end €70
Plus: Galway Irish Crystal or Belleek China to be presented to each qualifier at both the qualifying show and on appearance at the final.
Additional Prizes at the Final:
€150 & Trophy for Best Filly. €150 & Trophy, for combination of best turned out horse and most suitably dressed handler
*Breeder of winning animal to receive a Galway Irish Crystal or Belleek China *
SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS – HORSES AND OTHER EQUINES
As from 1 May 2012, any premises (which includes shows, fairs and markets) where horses or other equines are gathered must be registered with the Department. Owners/persons in charge of such gatherings are required to submit a completed application form for registration and to keep records of movements on/off their premises.
Records must be retained for at least 3 years as they may be required by the Department for the purposes of tracing disease. Records required are
It is important therefore that Show organisers should contact their local Regional Veterinary Office in advance so that consideration can be given to compliance with the requirements outlined above.
All Equines (which include horses, ponies and donkeys) must be identified in accordance with EU and national legislation.
In respect of each equine in their care, a keeper must ensure that
To enter a qualifying class, the relevant show class must also be entered.