Display organised by Charleville Heritage Society and a performance by
GOODWICK BRASS BAND
To mark the 40th year of Charleville Show the members of Charleville Heritage Society have organised a pop-up museum where people can:
· Read all about the foundation of Charleville by Roger Boyle or Lord Broghill, the First Earl of Orrery in 1661
· Learn how the town developed to what it is today
· Read how education evolved in Charleville through the school system
· Discover the many famous people who were either born in, or are associated with Charleville, the town of Poets and Priests in our story boards
· See items of interest from yesteryear in our display
· Purchase and take home one of our souvenir mugs depicting some of the above.
Charleville Heritage Society also welcome the UK award winning Goodwick Brass Band and a delegation from their twin society, the Croesgoch Heritage Society from Wales, who will be visiting Charleville for the weekend. The British and Welsh national brass band title holders, who number forty plus, will perform at Charleville Agricultural Show on Sunday afternoon, and will also headline a concert at the Charleville Park Hotel on Sunday night, along with support artistes. This is an ideal opportunity to hear one of the top brass bands in the world perform in Charleville and lovers of this genre of music should not miss the opportunity to hear and see what should be a fitting fortieth anniversary attraction at the Show.